Saturday, June 28, 2014

Taking a Break

Those who follow my posts on a regular basis are probably wondering what's happened to me since I have not posted for several days so I will have to tell you about my vacation. I know, I know, it's not about sewing machines, but we all need to take a break from time to time and here is my break:


We traveled north up to the Gunflint Trail to one of our favorite places, Gunflint Lodge, north of Duluth and west of Grant Marais in Minnesota. We had been there before when it was snow covered with a frozen lake so were anxious to see if it was just as beautiful in the summer and we were not disappointed. Above is the path to our cottage, well groomed, even with patches of annual flowers planted by the doorways. On our first night we witness a serene sunset:

We spent an afternoon paddling a canoe, and another one catching fish. the scenery had the greatest impact as we tooled around by boat:

Can we stay in this cabin next year?

There is never enough fishing gear.

Boats waiting at the dock at our lodge.

Ah, the loons taking off with their sorrowful cry.

My captain.
We had a great time even if we only caught one fish. That's right, one small mouth bass that was my catch. I would like to share it but it is only about three bites once it was filleted. We said good bye to our mini-vacation via this wonderful sunset:
Sunset over Gunflint Lake

No comments: