Sunday, August 7, 2016

Hot Time, Summer in the Cities

I'm ready for a week of vacation. You might have noticed a lack of postings this past week and wondered if I was already on vacation! Where am I going? Last year I took a nice trip to Michigan and Illinois to visit sisters and pick up a few sewing machines in cabinets, three to be exact.This year is a stay-cation where I plan on getting a few projects done, mostly in the realm of sewing and sewing machines. The list is long:
  • Rewire Singer 201-2
  • Photograph and post many more sewing machines for sale
  • Sew up the little girl dresses already planned
  • Sew a dress for myself (already cut out)
  • Attend 3 big sales
  • Check out motors on 3 machines with husbands help
  • Refinish more cabinets in the garage
  • Check out gas grill and either clean and fix or sell
  • and many, many phone calls I've been meaning to make
As you can see, there is no way I could do all of this in a single week but it's on my to-do list. If I write it down it's possible it could get done over a series on months but if I write it in this blog I suddenly feel even more responsible. We shall see.

Here are a few photos of some of the above items I have plans for (and might even write up blog posts about!):
Little girls dress (now with a large flower added)

Cabinets in garage, 2 stripped and waiting to be sanded

Singer 99 down to bare metal
Wait a minute, how did that last one get in there? It wasn't even on the list! Isn't that how things go? Since I started this blog post, I've worked on the yard, bleached some plastic parts, and stripped the paint from a Singer 99, getting ready to paint with a hammered finish paint. It wasn't on the list! I have a feeling there will be many things that get done without first getting on the list but it's my week at home and I do get to pick.

I might even get to read a book.

No comments: