Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Too Much On My Plate

Once again, my eyes are bigger than my stomach: I have way too much to do for the upcoming craft fair! I planned on making a mountain of hot mitts, pillow cases, some cobbler aprons, refresh other stock, etc, All I have done is make 64 hot mitts:
Hot mitts finished and ready to go!
That's a lot for me so no moaning and groaning but that is all I have done. Except. I did take that Power Tools for Women class, cycled through most the ten sewing machines I got from Erin (see below), and even managed to get the green Singer 15-91 in good shape.
Singer 15-91 (yes, it is green)
Then there was the New Home Memory Craft 6000 that I couldn't resist:
New Home Memory Craft 6000
It came without a power cord, a pricey item, but I managed to get one reasonably priced, and it came last night. The machine only hums. I've tried everything but know it's electronics this time and I'm in over my head. A sewing machine tech owes me a favor so I'm calling it in on this one. Everyone says this is a fabulous sewing machine and it sure looks like it so it's worth paying to have it fixed, I believe. You know I don't want to pay to have someone else do my job but I know when I'm out-skilled. I just love these New Home models with the accessories under a flip up top:
New Home MC 600 accessories "under the hood"
As promised, I've been working through the ten sewing machines from Erin and have two more that are ready to go. Both needed cleaning and tension tune-up but are stitching fine now. The Singer 237 is such a classic sewing machine but I have no portable case, only a table if it is necessary. Of course, it will need accessories, too. The Singer Merritt 1872 runs pretty well but it has a belt system for the feed dogs and I've never been a big fan of this system. This particular model has a clinking sound when it is at maximum stitch length but I'm going to not spend any more time on it and just give the buyer a warning about this anomaly.

Moving things around in the garage, I decide I need to toss the box the New Home MC 6000 came in and guess what I found? The foot control. That's right, it's the same one I just bought. I'm just a bit chagrined but glad I didn't pay top dollar. I checked back in the ad but the foot controller was not shown and only referred to as "powers on from source" so I figured that was geek speak for "borrowed cords" but I was wrong. Well, it still needs to be sent in and I hope to sell that foot control/power cord set.

We have a button maker at work so I made up three different styles of buttons for a give-away at the craft fairs:
Yes, it's all about sewing
They were fun to make and I hope a bit of low cost advertising. I better get going and finish up the pillow cases that are all cut out and ready to be sewn, a new item that was fun in the design process. Hope they turn out as cute in real-time as they are in my head:
Pillow cases: a few done but most just to show combinations of fabrics and colors

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE the buttons! Sew cute ;)